Thank you to all of you that join us for this live event.
Please note that ALL of these sessions are now available on the on-demand tab for those who registered for the live event.
Thank you to everyone who joined us LIVE on Saturday, October 1, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET for WOCN® Ostomy Education Day 2022! This event is a free online experience aimed at celebrating ostomy awareness, dispelling myths, and increasing ostomy education to improve patient outcomes. This full day of engagement and education featured nine (9) sessions brought to you by experienced wound, ostomy, and continence (WOC) nursing professionals and subject matter experts and awarded a total of 6.25 Contact Hours.
Upon completion of the event, learners will be able to:
- Express increased confidence in understanding myths of ostomy experience and themes of current ostomy science on quality of life for ostomates.
- Use assessment of stomal protrusion and abdominal contours and knowledge of ostomy products to develop an appropriate pouching system and appropriate use of accessory products.
- List 3 interventions to promote effective management of ostomy output.
- Discuss different misconceptions of convexity.
- Effectively instruct ostomy patients in basic and effective core strengthen exercise that can be started early in recovery and help transition the patient back into activity and vigorous exercise.
- Identify at least 3 practical tips to share with someone who wants to travel with an ostomy.
- Identify abnormal peristomal skin and describe adjustments in topical care needed.
- Relate 2 strategies to use in education of patients after ostomy surgery.
- Identify behaviors and experiences that may impact and influence the ostomy patient’s quality of life.
WOCN® Ostomy Education Day 2022 is funded through an educational grant from Hollister Incorporated.
The WOCN Society does not endorse or support products or services.